NESE, Harvard Square Intensive Program Grammar & Idioms
This course replicates the NESE, Harvard Square course. It meets 5 days per week for 90 minutes per day. There are 10 levels, and each level lasts for 4 weeks. There is no requirement to take more than one level.
- 90-Minutes of Intensive Grammar & Idioms per Day / 5 Days per Week
- 10 Levels: Each Level = 4 weeks
- Course Leads from True Beginner in Level 1 to Fluency in Level 10
- Learn More than Just Grammar - Strong Focus on Pronunciation, Usage, and Style
- Intensive TOEFL® Preparation Option for Students in Level 8+
- All Teachers are Native Speakers (Always)
- 30 Years of NESE Curriculum Research & Development Provide Foundation for Course
- Certificates Awarded Upon Course Completion
A Note about Grammar & Idioms Classes with NESE On-Line:
For most adult learners, a fundamental understanding of grammar is the structural equivalent to the scaffolding or framework that supports a building. The forms and the functions - the rules and the patterns of grammar - provide a type of scaffolding on which the canvas of nouns, adjectives, and other parts of speech rest. In an ideal world, we can learn a language without having to learn grammar - just like children do. However, we believe that as we get older, it becomes more and more helpful to have a solid grammatical foundation upon which fluency can be built. The NESE On-Line 10-Level Grammar & Idioms series and our supplementary grammar courses, through their spiral curriculum, provide the framework essential for building conversational fluency.
Never be afraid to make a mistake. Your teacher is here to help you. If you try and are correct, that is to your credit. If you try and you make a mistake, that is an ideal opportunity for your teacher to help you, and for you (and the class) to learn something new. Trying is important; perfection 100% of the time is not. Remember, “Mistakes are not important; Understanding is”TM